Royal Armoured Corps
YOUR ARMY NEEDS YOU.
A powerful engine, heavy armour, and massive firepower: that’s the Challenger 2 Main Battle Tank. As a Tank Crewman you’ll drive and operate this one-of-a-kind vehicle as part of a four-strong team. You’ll get to work in different roles including driver, gunner and loader and, eventually, you could even qualify to command your own tank. As part of one of the world’s greatest fighting forces, you’ll reach heights you never knew existed and learn vital skills that’ll set you up for life. This is your chance to do something that matters.
Find where you belong.
You’ll start out with 14 weeks of Basic Training, where you’ll learn essential skills like weapon handling and outdoor survival. You’ll also develop your fitness, mental toughness and leadership ability. Then comes Initial Trade Training, where you learn to drive different kinds of vehicles, from cars to tanks. You’ll also learn how to fire and maintain the Challenger 2 tank’s hi-tech weapons. The qualifications you get will set you up for whatever career journey you choose, whether you stay in the Army or eventually return to civilian life.
The Army will pay for you to gain valuable qualifications. These could include:
• Heavy Goods Vehicles driving licences
• Level 2 NVQ in Engineering and Maintenance
• Foundation Modern Apprenticeship (FMA)
• Level 2 Telecommunications
• Stable management/Farrier (HCMR)
SHOW PEOPLE WHAT YOU’RE CAPABLE OF
We'll be with you every step of the way as you move up the ranks. From the moment you begin your training you'll get all the support and encouragement you need to make a success of your career. Work hard and you'll soon get promoted, which means more responsibility and extra pay.
Become a Tank Crewman and you’ll:
- Earn a starting salary of around £15,600 during Basic Training which will rise to £20,000 after completing 26 weeks’ training or after completing your Initial Trade Training, if less than 26 weeks
- Receive subsidised accommodation and facilities, increasing your disposable income
- Receive free medical and dental health cover
- Have the continuous access promotional opportunity and to continually progress your career
- Be sponsored to earn valuable civilian-recognised qualifications
- Take part in Adventurous Training and be able to play your favourite sports.
BELONG TO SOMETHING THAT MATTERS
You should be:
• Regular Army age: 16 – 35.6 years
• Army Reserve age: 17.9 - 49.11 years
Qualifications you’ll need:
• No formal requirements
• Mid-thigh pull of 76kg
• Medicine ball throw of 3.1m
• 2km run in 10min 15 sec (11 min 30 sec for Junior Entry)
Interests you’ll have:
• Adrenaline rushes
• Working outside
• Outdoor activities
• Fixing things
Our next deadline for application is 31st December 2019, with further opportunities ongoing throughout the year.
FIND WHERE YOU BELONG >